The purpose of the Clemson Black Alumni Council (CBAC) is to plan and implement programs and events that are mutually beneficial to African-American alumni and undergraduates of Clemson University. CBAC works to inform, involve, and serve all alumni as it promotes Clemson University by recognizing academic excellence through scholarships.
• To serve as an advisory group to the Clemson University Alumni Association by conveying the Black alumni perspective to the Association from a variety of backgrounds and locations which will assist the Association in providing higher quality programs and services to all its members;
• To create, develop, and/or sponsor programs, services, and events to serve the minority constituency and increase their interest in and support of Clemson University;
• To create and develop programs and/or services that meet the needs of minority students as they prepare to become alumni and to encourage them to develop a lifelong connection with their university;
• To encourage minority graduates to pursue leadership roles within the University’s volunteer network;
• Minority student recruitment
• Promote, support and provide stewardship for the Harvey Gantt and other minority Scholarship opportunities and increase total alumni donor participation and annual contributions
• To assist the Alumni Association in achieving its mission of serving, involving, and informing our alumni, current and future students, and friends of the University.
LEADERSHIP and NATIONAL BOARD MEMBERS
|James Bostic IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rhotarus (Tara) Franklinemail@example.com|
|David Moore (President)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jametta White (President Elect)||email@example.com|
|Patrick Sapp||Corrine Grant|
|Marketing and Communications||Events|
Membership to CBAC is open to any person considered an alumnae of Clemson University. At the present, there are no membership dues. On the Clemson Alumni Webpage, simply update your contact information and check that you are part of Clemson Black Alumni Council. This will ensure you receive all electronic communication from CBAC.
Click here to review the CBAC Bylaws.