The purpose of the Clemson Black Alumni Council (CBAC) is to plan and implement programs and events that are mutually beneficial to African-American alumni and undergraduates of Clemson University. CBAC works to inform, involve, and serve all alumni as it promotes Clemson University by recognizing academic excellence through scholarships.
• To serve as an advisory group to the Clemson University Alumni Association by conveying the Black alumni perspective to the Association from a variety of backgrounds and locations which will assist the Association in providing higher quality programs and services to all its members;
• To create, develop, and/or sponsor programs, services, and events to serve the minority constituency and increase their interest in and support of Clemson University;
• To create and develop programs and/or services that meet the needs of minority students as they prepare to become alumni and to encourage them to develop a lifelong connection with their university;
• To encourage minority graduates to pursue leadership roles within the University’s volunteer network;
• Minority student recruitment
• Promote, support and provide stewardship for the Harvey Gantt and other minority Scholarship opportunities and increase total alumni donor participation and annual contributions
• To assist the Alumni Association in achieving its mission of serving, involving, and informing our alumni, current and future students, and friends of the University.
LEADERSHIP and NATIONAL BOARD MEMBERS
|James Bostic IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rhotarus (Tara) Franklinemail@example.com|
|David Moore (President)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jametta White (President Elect)||email@example.com|
|Patrick Sapp||Corrine Grant|
|Marketing and Communications||Events|
Membership to CBAC is open to any person considered an alumnae of Clemson University. At the present, there are no membership dues. On the Clemson Alumni Webpage, simply update your contact information and check that you are part of Clemson Black Alumni Council. This will ensure you receive all electronic communication from CBAC.
Click here to review the CBAC Bylaws.
MSSI PANEL DISCUSSION
We had a great event on October 16, 2015 in the University Palmetto Ballroom.
MSSI along with CBAC will brought the annual Black Alumni Panel Discussion and Networking Event. During the event alumni will met with Clemson Students to swap stories and share tips and advice on how to succeed both within the university and in the workforce. Young alumni were invited back to get advice from other alumni about succeeding in the workforce.
Students got to learn valuable lessons from the panel and during the networking hour from graduates within and outside their own areas of study offering a unique chance to learn and network with some of the best and brightest the University has produced.
If you are an alumnae interested in participating in future events, please contact Tara Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and GO TIGERS!
Information about the 2016 Homecoming tailgate is coming soon!
CBAC has established strategic alliances with organizations and departments on campus that will help it meet and exceed its strategic goals and objectives. These organizations include but are not limited to include the following:
• Office of Diversity
• Office of Access and Equity
• Harvey Gantt Office of Multicultural Affairs
• Admissions/Office of Minority Recruiting
• Office of Academic Special Projects
• Clemson Foundation/Alumni Giving
• PEER Minority Engineering
• Clemson Football
• Black Faculty and Staff
• Black Student Union
• Black Graduate Student Union
• Clemson University Pan Hellenic Council
Annual CBAC events and appearances have included the following:
• Homecoming Reunion Weekend (October)
• Harvey Gantt Scholars Reception (April)
• Experience Clemson (March)
• Accepted Student Reception (March – Clemson, Columbia, Atlanta, MD/DC, Charleston)
• Minority Student Success Initiative (Monthly leadership on-campus workshops)
• TigerTown Bound (March/April)
• Prowl and Growl (April/May – Atlanta, Clemson, Charleston, Columbia, Charlotte)
• Local Club Summer Cookouts (Charlotte, Columbia, Atlanta, MD/DC, Florence, Charleston)
• Student Move In Day (August)
Your gifts have the power to create opportunities and experiences that engage minds, capture imaginations, inspire innovation and multiply knowledge in ways never dreamed possible — all while lifting our national ranking to where it belongs. (www.clemson.edu/giving)
Support of Clemson students, CBAC and the University can come in many ways.
Here is a list of how you can support the University that helped shape how you are: *
- Volunteer on campus or on a Board
- Mentoring a current student
- Speak at your local high school about your current career, education and share experiences and lessons learned with potential students
- Network with other alumni who either came before you, after you or were at Clemson with you
- Through your Will
- Including Clemson University as a beneficiary on an insurance policy
- On-time tax deductible donation or through a pledge amount over time. Please note that if your company matches, this is an opportunity to increase your contribution.
Here is a list of current Black Alumni accounts in which you can give:
|B0667||Gantt Scholars||On January 28, 1963, Harvey Gantt became the first Black student to enter Clemson University. Gantt earned a Bachelor of Architecture and graduated from Clemson University with honors in 1965. To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Harvey Gantt’s enrollment at Clemson, the Clemson Black Alumni Council (CBAC), introduced THE HARVEY B GANTT SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT FUND. The purpose of this fund is to provide academic scholarships to recruit and retain black students with special preference given to South Carolina residents and entering freshmen. These scholarships are unrestricted.|
|B3395||CBAC Legacy Endowment||Provide support to CBAC. Expenditures will include but are not limited to support of alumni meetings, events and fundraising activities.|
|B3147||CBAC Tailgate||Provide support for purchases as they are needed for the annual CBAC homecoming tailgate festivities. These funds will be distributed based on a budget.|
|B0780||CBAC Operating||Provide support to CBAC-sponsored alumni programs, alumni events, meetings, fundraising and additional expenses of CBAC as needed.|
In addition to the accounts listed above, there are fraternity and sorority scholarships and endowments in which you can donate.
Find out why from those who give
HOW TO GIVE FINANCIALLY or ASK QUESTIONS
Online: Click Here to give online
Phone: Office of Development 864-656-2121
Mail: Complete the Will to Lead Pledge Form and mail to:
Office of Development Clemson University
L. Corrine Grant 110 Daniel Dr.
Clemson, SC 29631
Please check back for a greeting from our President, David Moore