2022 Welcome Back Festival
Monday, August 22, 2022
The Clemson Alumni Association and the Student Alumni Council invites you to join us for the premiere, kick-off event of the academic year at Clemson University, the Welcome Back Festival.
- Monday, August 22
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- College Avenue, Clemson
- Welcome by President Clements and Clemson Mayor, Robert Halfacre
- Performance by the Tiger Pep Band and cheerleaders/Rally Cats
- An appearance by The Tiger
- Live performance by local band, Risky Business
- There is no entry fee to the festival, however tickets are sold for $1 each to purchase swag, food and gear. Each vendor will sell items in exchange for the tickets (no cash) and each item will have a different value requiring a different number of tickets. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Tickets can be purchased at the Alumni Center lawn (109 Daniel Dr) starting at Noon on Monday, August 22 and throughout the duration of the Festival on College Ave
- Tickets can be purchased with cash or Venmo
Each year, the festival features local vendors offering a variety of merchandise and food on College Avenue in downtown Clemson, SC. The festival transforms downtown Clemson into a massive street celebration of fun, food, and fellowship. It also offers area businesses the opportunity to display their services and products to students, welcome them back for another academic year, and share their Tiger spirit. The Welcome Back Festival is a true Town and Gown event which is a partnership between the Clemson Alumni Association, Student Alumni Council, Clemson University and the City of Clemson. All proceeds from the festival contribute to the SAC Scholarship Endowment Fund, established in 1987 to assist future students attending Clemson University.
If you are interested in being a vendor for the 2022 Welcome Back Festival, contact Aly Friend at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your business wishes to participate, click HERE to complete the application online no later than Friday, August 19, 2022. If your application is approved, you will receive an email confirming your participation in the festival.
Want to help with the SAC Scholarship Endowment?
In the event you are interested in supporting the Student Alumni Council Scholarship Endowment Fund, you can click here or go to https://iamatiger.clemson.edu/giving and use the “Search for a Fund” feature typing “Student Alumni Council (S.A.C.) Scholarship Endowment” as the search criteria. A gift of any amount can help make a difference in the lives of Clemson students.
We thank you for your support of Clemson University and we can’t wait to CU on campus soon.