Clemson Ring Ceremony
We are thrilled to announce that your Ring Ceremony is confirmed and will take place Sunday, April 18 at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena (The Well) in Greenville, SC. (650 N. Academy St.) We hope that you are as excited about attending the ceremony as we are to host you!
Students who have completed 90 or more credit hours on their official transcript and purchased the official Clemson Ring during Ring Week are eligible to attend the Ring Ceremony and were required to reserve tickets for themselves and their two guests by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, March 10.
The Ring Ceremony is intended for those Clemson students and former students who have earned a minimum of 90 credit hours and who have purchased their class ring from the exclusive manufacturer of the Clemson Ring.
Ticket Reservation Required:
Students who ordered the official Clemson Ring and plan to attend the Spring Ring Ceremony were required to reserve tickets by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, March 10, 2021. Now that the reservation window has closed (11:59 pm on Wednesday, March 10), each student will be assigned a ceremony time. Times will be announced the week of March 15. Now that the reservation window has closed, ticket requests can no longer be fulfilled. Students/participants or guests who arrive at The Well without a reserved ticket will not be allowed to attend.
Ceremony Times and Assignments
Three ceremonies will take place on Sunday, April 18 in order to accommodate all students and Alumni who are participating while complying with and adhering to state and local COVID-19 guidelines. The times and assignments are as follows:
9:00 AM: Spring 2021 ring recipients with the last name beginning in letters A through F
1:00 PM: Spring 2021 ring recipients with the last name beginning in letters G through M
5:00 PM: Spring 2021 ring recipients with the last name beginning in letters N through Z
Ceremony assignments cannot be changed. If based on this information you no longer wish to attend the ceremony, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or your guest have handicap accessibility needs, please email email@example.com by March 26.
Each participant (student) is assigned a specific seat in the arena. Seating assignments, the section and seat number, are included on the Participant’s Tickets. Each student is required to sit in this assigned seat as this assignment is directly connected to your Clemson Ring, therefore participant tickets cannot be exchanged or traded with another participant.
Student/Participant – Ticket Pickup:
Students will pick up a ticket packet that includes their one (1) student ticket + two (2) guest tickets. Tickets must be picked up at the Clemson Alumni Center (109 Daniel Drive), from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on Tuesday, April 13 and Wednesday, April 14. If you do not live in Clemson or you are a virtual-only student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how to pick-up your tickets.
*Students are responsible for getting their two guest tickets to their two guests.
Students/participants or guests who arrive at The Well without a reserved ticket will not be allowed to attend.
SAFETY FIRST: Current Student – COVID-19 Cleared
When you pick up your tickets at the Alumni Center, you will be asked to sign a liability waiver confirming that you understand that you should have a ‘COVID-19 Cleared Status’ prior to arriving at the ceremony on April 18.
Seating Disclaimer from the Bon Secours Wellness Arena: Guests will be assigned seats in pairs and guests agree to occupy assigned seats only. If guests reside in separate households and choose to sit together, each of these individuals is responsible for the liability of potential exposure. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. You assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, or a bacteria, virus or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however caused or contracted, and voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims against Greenville Arena District, Clemson University, Event Organizers, and their affiliated companies relating to such risks.
Important safety information for you and your TWO guests:
Masks Required: All who enter Bon Secours Wellness Arena will be required to wear a face-covering throughout the entirety of the event. Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the facility and the facility will be thoroughly cleaned between ceremonies.
No Bags Policy: No bags will be allowed per Bon Secours Wellness Arena policy. Click here to visit The Well’s website for details on the No Bag Policy.
Additional Details & Updates:
- Live Streaming Available: All ceremonies will be broadcast live and viewable at: tv.clemson.edu.
- A photograph of you will be available for purchase from a professional photography service. An email will be sent to you after the ceremony from Grad Images with details about how to order your photos.
- If you or your guest(s) require handicap accessibility, please indicate those needs in your ticket reservation form or send an email before March 26 to email@example.com.
- Attire: Students and guests are asked to dress business professional. (i.e. suits, collared shirts with dress pants or skirts, a nice dress.)
Arriving at the Well:
- Doors will open 60 minutes prior to each ceremony. Guests are asked to exit the venue immediately after each ceremony to allow for proper cleaning and COVID protocols prior to the next ceremony.
- Students MUST be in their seats at least 15 minutes prior to the ceremony start time. We will begin promptly at the advertised start time.
- Students will enter The Well through the building’s loading dock. Students will be directed via signage and arena staff to the back of the building where each student must present their ticket for entrance. Click here to view a photo of the entrance directions.
- After the ceremony, all students will exit the building through this same entrance and receive their Ring Crest Glass, a congratulatory gift from the Clemson Alumni Association and the Student Alumni Council.
- Upon entering The Well, students must remain at least 6 feet apart and wear a mask throughout the entirety of the ceremony unless otherwise directed for photography purposes.
- Students will find their section and seat number on their ticket and must be seated as quickly as possible. Please refrain from leaving your seat, unless otherwise directed, during the ceremony if at all possible.
- Guests will enter the arena through the main entrances of The Well at the Furman University Plaza entrance and the Entegra Rotunda entrance.
- Click here for a map of the arena.
- Click here for driving directions to The Well.
- Click here for parking information at The Well.
- Click here for information on Accessibility at The Well.
Not Participating in the Spring Ring Ceremony?
How You Will Receive Your Ring:
- Students living on campus or locally will pick up their rings at the Clemson Alumni Center (109 Daniel Drive) on Monday, April 19 between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Students will enter the main doors at the Alumni Center through the Business School side of the building and follow directional signs and social distance safety measures to pick up rings.
- Students taking classes remotely this semester can have their rings mailed to them. Please email the Clemson Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your name, CU ID and Balfour order number. Your ring will be mailed to the address on your Balfour ring order form after the April 18 Ring Ceremony. This process takes approximately two weeks.
Each student will receive text messages through Remind Updates for their assigned ceremony. *If you have previously opted out of Remind messages and you would like to receive text updates in the event that there are changes or updates to your Ring Ceremony, please do the following:
- *If you are assigned to the first ceremony at 9:00 am on April 18th, please sign up to receive text notifications through the Remind app by texting @cus219am to 81010.
- *If you are assigned to the second ceremony at 1:00 pm on April 18th, please sign up to receive text notifications through the Remind app by texting @cus211pm to 81010.
- *If you are assigned to the third ceremony at 5:00 pm on April 18th, please sign up to receive text notifications through the Remind app by texting @cus215pm to 81010.
Please note: Standard text message rates apply