The Clemson Ring
IMPORTANT Ring Ceremony Updates
Due to inclement weather, the Guarding of Rings and the Parade of Rings has been canceled.
S.C. Highway 93 on Clemson’s main campus is under construction and is reduced to one lane allowing only one-way traffic from College Avenue (Downtown Clemson) towards Littlejohn Coliseum. Ring Ceremony attendees are advised to arrive early and travel to Littlejohn Coliseum via Perimeter Rd. avoiding Highway 93. All post-Ring Ceremony traffic must exit campus via Perimeter Rd. or the West end of Highway 93 towards Seneca by way of Perimeter Rd. Police officers will be present to assist with the departure. Please be patient as we help guests maneuver this road closure.
*Metal Detectors and Clear Bag Policy*
In an effort to ensure that the Ring Ceremony is as safe as possible, Clemson Athletics, in conjunction with the Clemson University Police Department, will implement a walk-through metal detector system in Littlejohn Coliseum at the entrances of the Burton Gallery, the East Gate, the South Gate and the student entrance on the loading dock. The university’s Clear Bag Policy is also in effect for this event however students who are participating in the ceremony are asked to refrain from bringing bags. The detectors will require additional time to enter the coliseum, so please plan accordingly.
If you are UNABLE to attend the ceremony, please send an email letting us know to email@example.com as soon as possible.
2018 Fall Ring Ceremony
Thursday, November 15, 2018
Ring Ceremony Details:
The Fall Ring Ceremony will be held at Littlejohn Coliseum.
1 Avenue of Champions
Clemson, SC 29632
- The Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for this event. Details: Littlejohn Clear bag Policy
- The Ring Ceremony begins at 6:30 pm, doors open at 5:30 pm.
- No ticket required.
- Students should enter the designated student entrance to sign in for the ceremony and find your seat. Students will enter through the Loading Dock beside the Swann Pavilion. See photo to the right for directions.
- Guests of students receiving their ring should enter the building through the Parent and Guest Entrances. The Parent and Guest Entrances include the Burton Gallery (East and West), the East Entrance by the Tiger statue and the North Entrance next to Handicap Parking. See photo to the right for details.
- If you do not plan to attend, please send an email indicating your students name and mention that they will not attend.
- Those who purchased their ring during Ring Week are invited to receive their ring at the Ring Ceremony in November. Invitations are sent to the address provided during the ordering process.
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled who have completed 90 or more earned hours on their academic transcript (not degree works progress report), as well as graduate students who have applied to graduate, can purchase their ring during this time.
- All those who have purchased their ring will be able to receive their ring at the ceremony as long as they have purchased their ring NO LATER THAN August 30, 2018.
- President Jim Clements will shake the hands of each new ring wearer after they have been presented with their class ring. Family and friends are encouraged to attend the ceremony to celebrate with the new ring wearer.
- Graduate Students must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to attend the ceremony.
Parking and Driving Directions:
The main parking areas will be in Lot 5 behind the West End Zone and under the Breezeway at the Stadium. No parking pass is required. Parking assistance will be on-site as well as traffic direction. Handicap parking is on the North side of Littlejohn. See map to the right.
ADA Assistance will be available upon arrival at the ceremony. Alumni and coliseum staff who can offer assistance will be located around the concourse. For any special assistance needs for the Fall Ring Ceremony at the Littlejohn Coliseum, please contact Stewart Summers at 864-656-5653 or call the front desk at 864-656-2345.
- Students who wish to receive text updates about the Fall 2018 Ring Ceremony, text @curingf18 to the number 81010
- Parents who wish to receive text updates about the Fall 2018 Ring Ceremony can also text @curingf18 to the number 81010
A professional photograph will be available for purchase shortly after the completion of the ceremony. The student will receive an email at the email address provided during ring purchase with instructions on how to purchase the photos.
Special Assistance Needs:
For any special assistance needs for the Fall Ring Ceremony at the Littlejohn Coliseum, please contact Stewart Summers at 864-656-5653 or call the front desk at 864-656-2345.
Clemson Ring Stories
More Ring Crest Jewelry
Ladies Traditional Ring
Ladies Dinner Ring
Men’s Medium Traditional Ring
Men’s Large Traditional Ring
Men’s Tie Tack
Men’s Lapel Pin
Men’s Cuff Links