The Alumni Group Grant System is designed to provide the Clemson Alumni Association (CAA) with a financial allocation process that allows opportunities for recognized alumni groups to receive funding from the Clemson Alumni Association. All recognized alumni groups of the Clemson Alumni Association will have opportunities to request funding through this system. A committee comprised of CAA staff members and volunteers will convene on a monthly basis to evaluate the grant requests received. Funding will be awarded based on the committee’s decision after all applications have been reviewed. Groups may receive full funding, partial funding, or no funding. The grant system funding will be available from July 1st to June 30th each year to coincide with Clemson University’s fiscal year. FAQ’S
- Who can benefit? Officially recognized alumni groups of the Clemson Alumni Association.
- Are there any additional requirements for groups to be considered for funding?
- Yes. Groups are REQUIRED to share their group’s annual report, including the most recent financial statement. Any group not sharing this information will be eliminated from the review process until said documents are received.
- If Groups are requesting funds for an event, they are REQUIRED to provide an evaluation form/online tool for participants to offer feedback relating to the event and the feedback must be shared with the Alumni Association. Failure to do this will impact future requests for funding.
- When are applications due? Grant applications are due the last business day of the month. Failure to meet the deadline may result in an additional month for review by committee. It is recommended that groups apply 90 days prior to the date funds are needed.
- When will the committee meet? The Grants Committee will meet within the first ten business days of each month to review all grant applications.
- How will groups be notified of the Committee’s decision? Groups will be notified by their assigned staff liaison by the 15th of the month with approved conditions and amount or denied with proper explanation and reasoning.
- When are funds disbursed? Groups should plan on receiving funds within 3 weeks of notification.
- Where or to whom are funds disbursed? Grant funds will be made payable to the group. Therefore, each group must be a registered vendor in Clemson University’s Business System (CUBS). Registration is the responsibility of the group.
- To register your group, please go to http://www.clemson.edu/cfo/procurement/vendors/vendorreg.html and select “Add vendor/individual.”
Click here to view application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clemson Alumni Association
- Phone: (864) 656-2345
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Clemson Alumni Center, 109 Daniel Drive, Clemson, SC 29631-3006