As Tropical Storm Fred continues to grow, the weather forecast has become increasingly worrisome. With the safety of our faculty, staff, students, and participating vendors in mind, we have decided to cancel the 2021 Welcome Back Festival.
The Clemson Alumni Association and the Student Alumni Council invites you to join us for the premiere, kick-off event of the academic year at Clemson University, the Welcome Back Festival. Each year, the festival features more than 90 local vendors offering a variety of merchandise and food on College Avenue in downtown Clemson, SC. The festival transforms downtown Clemson into a massive street celebration of fun, food, and fellowship. It also offers area businesses the opportunity to display their services and products to students, welcome them back for another academic year, and share their Tiger spirit. All proceeds from the festival contribute to the SAC Scholarship Endowment Fund, established in 1987 to assist future students attending Clemson University.
Details about the 2021 Welcome Back Festival
- Monday, August 16, 2021
- Downtown Clemson
- Students, faculty, staff, alumni, visitors and the Clemson community are invited to attend
- Vendors will host tables along College Avenue offering a variety of items in exchange for festival tickets.
- Examples of items from previous years include t-shirts, sports bottles, travel cups, food, drinks, ice cream, snow cones, beauty products, jewelry, koozies, phone accessories, hats, specialty bags and tons of local coupons and chances to win raffle prizes like a scooter, gift basket or experience.
- Festival tickets can be purchased at the festival for $1.00 each with a minimum purchase of 5.
- Each vendor item will vary in the number of tickets needed to acquire the item.
- Vendors can purchase a table for $50
- Vendors who would like a banner can purchase one for $80 during registration
- Vendors must provide an item that can be exchanged for festival tickets and all items must have a ticket exchange value.