The Women’s Alumni Council was founded on April 7, 1990 and became a constituency board for the Alumni of Clemson University. The Council was created to provide quality programs and services for Clemson alumna, students and friends. Our purpose is to enable women alumni and friends to remain involved and connected to Clemson.
Our board is comprised of members throughout the country. Each member hosts local events in their respective area for area Clemson alumni and friends.
Our mission is to serve as an advisory group to the Clemson University Alumni Association by conveying the alumnae perspectives to the Association from a variety of backgrounds and locations which will assist the Association in providing:
- higher quality programs and services to all of its members;
- to create and develop programs and services to serve the women constituency and increase their interest in and support of Clemson University;
- to create and develop programs and/or services that meet the needs of women students as they prepare to become alumnae and encourage them to develop a lifelong connection to the University;
- to encourage women graduates to pursue leadership roles within the University’s volunteer network;
- and to assist the Alumni Association in achieving its mission of serving, involving and informing our alumni, current and future students, and friends of the University.
The Women’s Alumni Council Endowed Scholarship is a Presidential Scholarship that provides several universitywide scholarships each year that support worthy, driven students who might not otherwise be able to attend Clemson. These scholarships will help future Clemson students achieve their educational and life goals. Make your gift today!
To mail your gift, send it to:
Amy Csernak Craft ’04
Annual Giving Office
PO Box 1889
Clemson, SC 29633-1889
Bring Your Daughter to Clemson Weekend Sponsored by the Clemson Women’s Alumni Council is an opportunity for girls ages 6-18 to visit campus and learn more about the class majors and student activities that Clemson offers. Attendees (accompanied by their adult chaperon at all times) will be divided into age groups for appropriate activities led by students and professors. Bring Your Daughter to Clemson 2017 will be held May 19-21, 2017. Registration will open in early Spring 2017! To view a schedule of the weekend’s events please click here.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available for businesses wanting to participate in the event. Check out our sponsorship information about how to get your company involved in Bring Your Daughter to Clemson.
To learn more about the event, please visit the Clemson Women’s Alumni Council website http://alumni.clemson.edu/womens-alumni-council/.
Click here to view photos from last year’s event.
The Clemson Women’s Alumni Council would like to thank this year’s sponsors.
Women’s Alumni Council loves to encourage Clemson Alumnae in all that they do. This tribute is meant to showcase Clemson alumnae who have done great things since leaving campus. Check out the profiles of just a few of the Clemson women who have made a difference in their lives and the lives of others.
The area between Clemson University’s Class of 1944 Visitors Center and the adjoining Clemson Alumni Center is now known as the Women’s Council Courtyard. The Clemson Women’s Alumni Council raised $10,000 to build and landscape the area. As part of the project, former Tiger Twirlers raised funds for a bench as a special memorial to Martha Carter, who was their coach.
The Women’s Council was started in 1990 to meet the needs of Clemson’s growing population of female graduates.
- Email Distribution Request (for local events)
Interested in serving on the Women’s Alumni Council? Here’s some information.
- Attend Fall and Spring Women’s Alumni Council meetings on campus. *
- Attend and assist with Bring Your Daughter to Clemson Weekend in May.
- Contact local Clemson Club, Young Alumni Council, Black Alumni Council and other constituency group representatives to foster relationships and promote Women’s Alumni Council in your area.
- Actively participate in local Clemson events on behalf of Women’s Alumni Council.
- Make an annual gift to the Clemson Fund to support the university.
- Ensure two or more Women’s Alumni Council events are hosted each year in your area.
- Identify and nominate strong candidates for future Women’s Alumni Council board positions.
- Lend a hand at local university events such as high school recruitment receptions and college fairs.
- Participate in the Ask-A-Tiger professional networking program, and assist Clemson students and alumni in exploring various career fields.
- Sign up for a complimentary lifetime alumni email address to promote Clemson (your email@example.com). It’s a great way for your email to always find you!
*In order to ensure the Women’s Council Board has active and engaged volunteers, it is vital to attend board meetings. Missing two consecutive board meetings may result in termination from the board. Ref: Women’s Council Advisory Board Constitution and Bylaws, Section 5.
A call for representatives is made every spring. When the call is made, you may complete the Area Representative Interest Form.
Join our team!
Cancer has touched many of us in some way, so we decided to fight back by raising funds and walking in our local American Cancer Society Relay For Life event.
As a team, we are taking action to help eliminate cancer as a major health problem. At our Relay event, we will take turns walking around the track to raise money and awareness to help the American Cancer Society in their lifesaving mission.
Click here join our team or make a donation. Saving lives from cancer starts one team, one participant, one dollar at a time.