Clubs and Special Interest Groups fall under the Clemson Alumni umbrella and therefore must follow the same rules with exclusive partners that the university, athletics and alumni follow.
Below is the list of Exclusive Partners that athletics and Alumni have contracts with. This means that competitors that are solicited for sponsorship of events on the club and group level cannot be offered promotional rights. If they choose to provide monetary support, they can do so, however their logo and or company purpose cannot be shared on websites, social media outlets or other promotional avenues that could compete with our exclusive partners promotions.
If a sponsorship is secured by a competitor, Alumni staff must be informed and the proper policies must be followed.
1) As Clemson is an academic institution, beer, wine, alcohol, tobacco, firearms, religious, call to action gambling or political advertisements will require rigorous review and like all advertising (athletic or campus wide) will require the prior written consent of Clemson. If permission is granted, the beer advertisements must be educational and branding advertisements and if gambling advertisement is approved, they must highlight the educational component of the SC Educational Lottery. In each case, there shall be no call to action advertisements. In addition, Clemson Clubs and Special Interest Groups cannot co-brand on promotional products with any alcohol, alcohol distributor or bar.
2) Our exclusives include the following;
- Nike (Sideline provider/shoes/apparel and cannot include any competitors);
- Verizon (Wireless provider);
- Bank of America (credit cards/debit cards);
- Gatorade (sideline only);
- ARAMARK (on-campus dining/catering)
- Stub Hub
- Coca-Cola (Pouring Rights);
- Tom Winkopp, LLC; (Cottage style student apartments/condos)
- Nationwide Insurance (auto, property, powersports insurance);
- Clemson Sports Travel (fan and alumni travel)
- USI Affinity company (health and travel insurance)
- Fanatics (Online Retail)
- Grad Images (commencement photography)
- Balfour (Clemson ring, graduation announcements, cap and gowns)
- Barnes and Noble (bookstore)
Any questions pertaining this policy must be directed to Tim Match (firstname.lastname@example.org) from an athletic and university perspective and Randy Boatwright (email@example.com) from an alumni perspective.