What is the Clemson Alumni Society for Equality (CASE)? Chartered in 2009 by the Clemson Alumni Association, CASE is the Clemson Alumni Society for Equality, the official affinity group for Clemson LGBTQ alumni and friends. Our purpose is to
- Provide professional networking and social activities for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning alumni, and LGBTQ-friendly allies;
- Maintain a supportive relationship between alumni and the Clemson Gay Straight Alliance (CGSA);
- Coordinate fundraising efforts for scholarships that benefit Clemson students who make significant contributions to the LGBT community;
- Work with the University to implement is nondiscrimination, harrassment, and related policies to include sexual and affinity orientation;
- Advance the concept of “One Clemson,” which endeavors to engage all students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors, particularly freshmen and transfer students, in experiential, interactive activities aimed at facilitating dialogue and increasing awareness of and respect for different cultures and backgrounds.
- We want to help Clemson achieve its goal of becoming a Top 20 Public University by promoting equality for all students, faculty, and staff. To read CASE’s bylaws, please click here. To read our goals for this fiscal year, please click here.
Steven Goodson – President
Jim Hennessey – Vice President/Chicago Area
Brian Cave – Secretary/NYC/NJ Area Rep
Eddie Case – Past President
Cindy Burke – Marketing/Communications
Jay Jacobs – University Chair
David Webb – Endowment Coordinator
Kristin Trowell – SAGA Rep
Benjamin Crumley – Florida Rep
Kevin McCausland – California Rep
Rob Pilaud – DC Area Rep
Chip Dukes – Atlanta Area Rep
CASE currently supports an annual $500 scholarship for a student involved in LGBT service on campus. We’re working to increase this scholarship and build an endowment for future programs.
Please consider making a gift to help us reach our $50,000 goal. You can make your gift online athttps://cualumni.clemson.edu/give/case.